ECONOMIC Data to be released this week:
- MONDAY: China announces profits for industrial companies in April and the Bank of Japan releases minutes of its policy meeting.
- TUESDAY: S&P./Case-Shiller Index; Richmond Federal Reserve manufacturing index and the Dallas Federal Reserve manufacturing index
- WEDNESDAY: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development economic outlook, and the European Union Consumer Price Index. the European Union makes its annual economic policy recommendations and budget goals.
- THURSDAY: first-quarter GDP, weekly initial jobless claims, pending home sales, euro zone consumer confidence and Japanese inflation
- FRIDAY: Chicago purchasing managers’ index for May, the University of Michigan consumer sentiment index for May and personal income and spending. OPEC decides on output goals.