Feb. 18 -- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe speaks in Tokyo.
● Says Japan isn’t manipulating currency market
● Major reason for yen’s decline is change in monetary policy
● Says important for inflation expectations to rise
● Unsure at this point whether Bank of Japan monetary policies are effective
● Wants to show government intentions through nominees for Bank of Japan governor, deputies soon
● Will push ahead with revising law governing Bank of Japan should central bank fail to get results. An attempt to coerce the BOJ to come to his way of thinking by bringing their autonomy into question.